The Holiday season is upon us which can only mean one thing…lots and lots of email will be flooding the inbox. Make your message stand out by following these quick tips to make this season merry and bright!
1. Test Your Holiday Subject Lines. Offer your subscribers a mix of promotional, whimsical and informational tones to see which performs best. Also, evaluate your subject line length. A solid subject line can be the difference between a subscriber opening or deleting your email, so it is important to understand what appeals to your audience.
2. Emphasize Holiday Email Navigation and Footers. By highlighting a “Gifts” link or section in the navigation you are catering to your subscribers will to shop allowing for an opportunity to increase revenue. Add shipping date deadlines, store hours or customer service options to the footer of your Holiday email to encourage subscribers to spend more time viewing content below the fold.
3. Design a Responsive Email. Accommodate your audience by offering a responsive design that is both functional and aesthetic. It’s no secret that it’s a busy time of year, so make it easy for subscribers to view and interact with your Holiday email message.
4. Segment Your Lists. According to Exact Target’s blog post titled, “The Email Marketing Holiday Calendar”, subscribers are expected to receive an average of 52 promotional emails during the Holiday season. Make sure that your message is reaching the right audience by segmenting your lists. This will help minimize unsubscribes and maximize engagement.
5. Send a Message of Good Tidings and Cheer. Take the time to thank your subscribers for being part of your Holiday email campaign. Compose a simple Holiday greeting to nurture relationships with subscribers and ensure their continued loyalty in the New Year.
Krystal Clark is the Email Account Manager at Flying Cork.